Friday, November 19, 2004

 

How 'bout those Pistons, eh?

**my background music, MC Breed..."There Ain't no Future in your frontin"

Man...I was sitting here watching the Pistons v. Pacers game tonight. The next thing I knew, mugs were scrappin! WTF?!? I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not surprised at the incident. Even sadder, I expect and accept this barbaric type of behavior from my Michiganders. Particularly, those from the "D", metropolitan area on up to good ole Flint. They keep showing clips from the brawl on ESPN. I'm just waiting for Memphis and Sacramento to go to halftime. ESPN is supposed to show the entire brawl again. This time, I'm looking for folks that I know. ha ha ha ha I know that's TERRIBLE! The thing that pissed me off the most in this whole ordeal is the final score. 97-82 The Pistons lost! I feel like Ester Rolle on Good Times. Damn! Damn! Damn! I need to be at somebody's bar drinking beer and talking shit! LOL Well...scratch the beer. I don't drink beer. French Martini, perhaps? hee hee Picture that, me drinking a French Martini and talking shit. Somehow shit talkin and Martinis don't go together. I need to have my behind in bed. But here I am, trying to...ok. Wait a minute. It's half time. Boy....that mess was crazy!!! What's really going on? How the heck did it get to that point? I saw beer flyin, chairs flying...it was straight up fisticuffs everywhere. The Pacers could barely make it to the locker room for Pistons fans dumping damn popcorn, trash, beer and the likes on them. I saw Jamaal Tinsley, IndianaPacers player, come out of the locker room entry with a damn dustpan in his hand. You know, the commercial dustpan that janitors use. He was holding that mug like a damn baseball bat. LOL He was finna commence to whooping some ass with that thang! Got.Damn! I bet it was MASS HYSTERIA trying to get out of the Palace and the parking lot tonight. But all joking aside, this is a serious matter. How did it even get to this point? How are NBA officials going to deal with this? What was up with security? I'm referring mainly to fans coming on the damn court. Perhaps it was so much going on that the court couldn't be properly secured. However, it seems like the perimeter of the court should be secured at all times. Grant it, NBA players are going to have to deal with the opposing team's hecklers here and there. But damn! I bet they never expected no mess like this. What's really going on? Who's to blame in this particular incident? Further, there were a lot of children present too. That's one thing that is most upsetting to me. Knowing that there were children there to witness this melee. Some of them may be traumatized from this experience. I love going to basketball games. I'm actually looking forward to taking my son to some NBA games. But damn....do I need to think twice before taking him to an open arena? What is this damn world coming to? I can't go out and be the social butterfly that I SO enjoy being and not worry about whether a fight is going to break out. Who am I kidding? I've been dealing with that issue since my damn high school days in Flint.*shaking my head in shame* Brawls are no longer reserved for bar rooms. It has truly expanded to awards shows, baseball games, basketball games, etc. (this would be a perfect place to insert that little Audible beaver from yahoo messenger. You know the one..."sucking teeth and then he says don't make me hurt you!")

Comments:
My boys and i were at the bar last night when we saw the melee on one of the screens..that shit was wacking since we were drunk as hell...this one white boy walked onto the court and gat straight decked....i think he went out cold.....i can see the pacers having like three guys on their lineup...lol.

Reggie and his brown suit with all the beer and popcon...lol

And whats with the folks that were walking up to the fans like wat? wat?

I remember when Iverson first came to philly his boys used to start fights during every home game to the point management had to ask him to get rid of his posse....
 
This game was definitely a disgrace! I try to give Detroit a few props since I got people there, but the fans clearly showed no respect for the game of basketball, and the players themselves.

Security is always pretty low on the floor of games except during timeouts & quarter ends. Since this was just an aftermath of the hard foul on Wallace, maybe that's why the rent-a-cops weren't strategically positioned. At most arenas, they only allow open cups, no bottles or cans. So that's one change that should happen. Secondly, any player that runs up into the stands in an opposing city's arena deserves to get his ass whooped for being so damn stupid!!! At least wait until your entire team is ready to have your back. 12 against 10 Thousand is better odds than 1 by himself.
 
Being form Detroit--or living there from 5-17, did anyone notice that only one of the fans fighting was of color? I hate to have to bring race into this--eh who am I kidding. But when I first heard about this on the radio, it was coupled with comments about how dangerous Detroit is with undertones of racism (cus Detroit is still mostly Black). Truth be told, the Pistons haven't played in Detroit in forevuh and the fans acting a fool weren't us but a bunch of drunked why-tees.
 
interesting to hear the tone of comments here... I think blame is to be shared alike by fans and players and arena staff & security. but from my white coworkers' comments, all they saw was some big nigger athletes beatin down overmatched defenseless white boys. I hate talking about any of these incidents with my coworkers anyway... first the vibe awards thing, now this. all they do is piss me off.
 
I'm just curious to see how this whole situation is going to pan out. You know the lawsuits are in the making as we speak. I heard them talking on the radio about the guy that initially threw the cup full of beer at Artest. I wonder if the NBA or whomever is going to press charges against him. They were saying that the guy, John Green (i think is his name) has had three DUI's and is not supposed to be drinking alcohol. Period. Did ya'll see Artest on the Today Show this morning? Man...all I got to say is before you get on tv giving "positive" advice, make sure you know how to speak as well as have your thought process together. My goodness! *smh*
 
The fight was great for entertainment purposes. It was bound to happen. Did you all check out how all the brown folks cleared the area when they saw thought some mess was about to happen the pink folks were standing looking around and got there butts surprised.("GOT KNOCKED THE F*** OUT) Jermaine O'Neal with his cute self oh my goodness, that is the type of dude I want behind me down for whatever. I applaud Ron Artest for backing away from Ben Wallace. And I dont blame him for hitting the roof when he was trying to do the right thing and someone egged him on and threw some ice on him any human being would have reacted. If we were on the street you would not have done that stuff. The fans know from now on keep there butts in the seat and watch the game. Or its own and popping
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogs By Black Women # >