Wednesday, November 17, 2004

 

Vibe Awards

Quick question and this is all I'm going to say about the Vibe awards.
Why did Tyra Banks look like "Blanka" from Street Fighter? Did you see her hair? Man...if she didn't look like Blanka's ass....I don't know who did! I was sitting there looking at her when she first came out on stage. As soon as I saw her hair, I said, "Damn! She looks like friggin Blanka! Awwwyooget! (sound from Super Nintendo Street Fighter) She looked a hot mess. Well, her hair looked a hot mess. That's my girl and I enjoy watching her on ANTM....but damn! True enough, I could say more about the ghetto extravaganza. But I don't even have time to list the Good, Bad and just plain Ugly! Although, I'd love to talk about the damn squabble no doubt. I'm not even going to address it. Just plain ghetto.

Comments:
My son gave me the scoop on the Ghetto Awards, even he was ashamed at the way they acted. Now if he was shame, they must have really "Cut The Buck"!! Ain't heard that one in many moons... Meanwhile, on CNN this AM, they are lookin for Young Buck in connection with a Stabbin' that occurred at the awards. It's a damn shame!!
 
Every time somebody asked me "Are you going to watch the Vibe awards?" I cringed. One of the things I absolutely detest about my job is being the ambassador for All Things Black. And a good number of my coworkers really do believe that what they see on tv and hear in the media and popular music is a representative and comprehensive picture of what black people are really like. So when I heard about that foolishness, I knew I would have to hear about it at work too. And that pisses me off.


As for Tyra... I used to be in love with her... and when I played SFII, my favorite player was Blanka... coincidence? hmmm.....
 
I can't believe you wasted you vision on that show. Come on girl!! You could have watched some old Golden Girls. Anything but the Vibe awards!
 
I don't know anyone who actually watched the awards. Was there nothing else on TV? I had to do a web search to find out the fuss... and DAMN! What the hell is all that on her head? Definitely not the Tyra I'm used to seeing.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20041116/capt.sge.gnm54.161104195004.photo00.photo.default-248x384.jpg
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogs By Black Women # >