Tuesday, November 30, 2004

 

What ever happened to....?

Do you all remember back in the day when you looked forward to the "season premieres" of Saturday morning cartoons? It may have just been me and my friends but man...I couldn't wait for the new cartoons to come out. They were good cartoons too. They were kid friendly and all! Nowadays, cartoons are mad violent. WTF is a Pokeman? I know I touched on this a little bit in my "Things I loved in the 80's" entry. But I just have to back track a bit. I was wondering... whatever happened to the Monchichis?!? I know I'm not the only one who remembers those things. I even had me a Monchichi toy. It used to suck its thumb. Well...it didn't actually "suck" it but you could stick the thumb in the Monchichi's mouth to similate thumb sucking. LOL We used to even have a little hand clap song (similar to twittle leetle leet). It went something like this..."Monchichi, monchichi... I can play Atari. Monchichi, Monchichi...I can do Karate..." and so on. I can't remember all the damn words but hey...I remember some of them. lol But I betcha I can still hang with the girls on the playground during recess doing "Down Down baby! Down Down the rollercoaster!" I wonder if they still do that during recess these days? Do those mugs even have recess these days?!? Anyway, whatever happened to the Smurfs? Did Smurfette finally get smurfed? LOL You know they used "smurf" as a verb for anything. I got smurfed. LOL Oooh...I bet ya'll don't remember Rainbow Brite?!? He-Man and the Powers of the universe...or something like that. No, no...it was the Masters of the Universe. ha hahahaha Shit..I was close enough. Wow...I loved He-Man AND She-Ra! Shiiit. I was THE Princess of Power! Aww man...whatabout the Great Space Coaster? That shit used to come on early as hell in the morning before we went to school. Maybe it was just a Michigan thing. I don't remember too many people talking about that show. It wasn't an actual cartoon, perse. I could go on and on about my favorite cartoons from back in the day. I had soooo many! I'd be stuck in front of the tv with my bowl of Cookie Crisp or Sugar Smacks. I didn't even want to leave to use the bathroom. It was serious. C'mon. I know I'm not the only one who was like that.
On another nostalgic note....
I was reading somebody's entry not too long ago. They were talking about how folks, black folks in particular can mess up some song lyrics. LOL But check it out. While reading that, I started thinking about a lot of the songs that I used to mess up as a child. Honestly, I couldn't even begin to tell you what I was saying. I'm just thinking about the actual songs I was singing back when I was let's say.....the ages of 8 - 12 or so? For instance, Juicy Fruit. What the heck did I know about some damn Juicy Fruit other than the gum?!? "I like it.....I need it. Oh girl!....(funky beat) Oooh.....sweet as honeydew. Close my eyes...oh what fantasy. And you're here....you're right here with meeeeeee...yeaaaaah. yeah. Juicy." I'd be remissed if I didn't mention my all time favorite. Nasty Girl by Vanity 6. Oooowee! You talk about a nasty ass song! This girl said, she needs 6 inches more in the song! "Get it out...get it out. I can't wait anymore! " *lightbulb moment* Hmm....let me ponder a bit. *rubbing my chin* Maybe that's why I was so fast during my childhood years. Was....you say? Forget you! ha hahaha Anywho....reflecting on those times and songs makes me realize that all that may be attributed to who I am today. *still rubbin my chin* Yes...yes...that would explain my freaky tendencies. Ain't that 'bout a blip?!? Blame it on the music, I say. Blame it on the music. *lightbulb extinguished* Again, I can go on and on with this particular subject as well. But...I'm not.


Comments:
What happen to Fraggle Rock and The Littles girl.
They sure dont make Saturday mornings like they use to, cartoons came on all morning now it is some bull stuff on tv that pisses me off. I love to watch cartoons. I loved me some smurfs also but my all time favorite was Scooby Doo.
 
I completely do remember the Great Space Coaster (come aboard)!!!
 
Am I the only one that was hooked on Woody Woodpecker every morning before I caught the school bus?
 
LOL!!! I LOVED Woody Woodpecker and that crazy ass laught. How could I forget about him?!? ha haha
 
What about the Shirt Tales
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogs By Black Women # >