Friday, January 07, 2005

 

Happy New Year!!!

Happy, happy new year to everybody! (yes, i know i'm seven days late!) I brought the new year in up in good ole' Washington, DC. I had a blast. Saw old and new friends. It was great! Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to see everybody I would have liked to. Maybe next time! It was such a short trip. Anyway! Woohoo! Another year gone and another year come! Damn...time sure does fly, doesn't it? It seems like it was just 1989! Remember when 1999 seemed so far away? I'm not even going to get into what I used to think about the approach of the year 2000. I was going through my senior high school memory book( circa 1992) not too long ago. I came across a section where it said, "Where will you be 5 years from now? and Where will you be 10 years from now?" Well...according to my entries, I'm nothing close to where I said I'd be today nor was I five or ten years post high school graduation. LOL Not to say that I'm not currently happy in my current status. Obviously, those statements were PRE-college. Had I known then that I wouldn't be exactly guaranteed a job upon graduating from college, my answers may have been different. Even more, had I known that no matter what I majored in at college, I probably wouldn't be working in that field anyway, my answers would have been different as well. According to my 1992 prediction, I should currently be a well known television anchor woman/director/producer/journalist, married mother of two, living some where in Virginia. Why Virginia? I couldn't even tell you. The closer and closer I got to graduation from college, I became more and more dubious. Shii....I can tell you now, that I'm not doing anything in the television field. However, I am an UNmarried mother....of one. Not even CLOSE to marriage. I said all that to say that it's so funny how life never turns out how we expect or plan it to. I'm chillin though. I'm happy with life as I've come to know it. My life...that is. Sure, I could stand to make a few changes. Hey...it's a new year. Time to start anew anyway. I've already changed my cell phone number. Home number is coming up next. It is my goal to cut certain folks out of my life that weighed me down or I simply don't want to phuck with anymore. Ofcourse, I'm back on my New Year kick of wanting to become more spiritually in tune with myself and God (whoever he or she is). This time, I won't be hookin up with no damn wannabe Reverand/Sinister Minister. Anyhoo... I picked up the book, "The Purpose Driven Life" last month. I told myself that I was going to start it on January 1, 2005. Here it is, January 7, 2005. I haven't so much as read the introduction. Note to self: Need to work on being more disciplined. Also work on your time management. Ok. I'm still working on getting rid of my "mama weight." It's been two years now. I can't use the excuse, "I just had a baby." anymore. I'm still fine though! Thick and fine! LOL Another note to self: Work on being less conceited. hee hee Now if I could figure out a way to NOT deal with Sinister Minister.... Hmm....*rubbing chin* Oh...I guess I can't avoid that since we have a child together, huh? Oh...by the way, Sinister Minister has a new addition in his life. Apparently, Sinister Minister's wife was pregnant AND had a baby last month. Funny...I didn't even know she was pregnant. He failed to mention it to me. Actually, he didn't intend on mentioning it to me. I happened to hear a baby crying in the background and asked him if he had a baby. He said he thought I heard the baby the other day in the background. WTF-ever! *smh* Oh....don't get me wrong. I'm not hardly upset that he has a baby. However, I recall asking him back in May or June before they got married, was she pregnant. He said nope. Again...WTF-ever! I hate liers. Ok.... I'm out. This was just a "blah, blah, blah" entry. I just decided to put something on her since it has been a serious minute since I've posted. I'm getting back in the swing of things now.

Comments:
Happy New Year Gentle Breeze!!! Way to roll in town without seeing me :-(

Ed, dudes lie and know we're going to find out. But htey also know that we will still deal with them after their lies are discovered. And by 'we', I mean women in general.
 
Bout time you got back on the job. What's really goin' down?
 
I also graduated in 1992. My 10 year plan for marriage and children failed. But the hopefulness and belief of childhood is inspiring. If we were as fearless as we were back then, life would be more grand.
 
1992...I wasn't thinking about nothing but recess...But Happy New Year to you...I'll keep you posted
 
Well damn! All you were thinking about was recess, huh? My goodness! Way to make a girl feel old! LOL
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogs By Black Women # >