Wednesday, February 09, 2005

 

Sweetdaddy

Every month before my Aunt Dot comes to town, I always get a sweet tooth. Today I had a hankering for a waffle from the Waffle House AKA Awful House. LOL Anywho, I tried to talk myself out of it. Especially since my personal trainer gave me a food plan to follow for these first two weeks. I thought I would feel bad about eatting that waffle but I don't. I TOE that thang up! Most importantly, I satisfied my sweet tooth. Now if I could only satisfy my other hankering. But thinking of that makes me feel guilty after reading Kajuana's entry from today. Yeah right!!! I hold my fist to you KK!!! *wink, wink*
Getting to the point of this entry. While I was waiting at the counter inside Waffle House, the cook emerged from the back.
*sidenote* Have you ever ate at Waffle House and placed your order and listened to the server call it out to the cook? One, the server never calls out your order the way you placed it and two, he never writes it down. But... it always comes to you the exact way you ordered it. *end sidenote* Anyway, my pretty face must have caught the cook's eyes. He flashed me a toothless grin. Let me paint a picture for you. Bald black guy with a mustache that kind of curls up at both ends. He's missing four, hell, maybe even five of his front upper teeth. He even had a little doohickey patch under his bottom lip. What do they call those things? Fu man choo, I think? Anyway, he had it. I guess my glance at him said, "Come hither" when it really said, "No no...stay away." The next thing I knew, he made a beeline to me. He got to talkin and talkin. I'm thinking..."Man, would you please go fix my damn waffle?!?" I don't know what it is about me. People always feel they can come up to me and talk. I guess it's my friendly disposition. But why is it that only boogabears want to talk to me? It never fails. I can't get the FINE ASS Knickah (Will 2005) to come hither n' shit. All they do is look. All I do is look. We just some lookin' fools. Muhahahahahaha! At some point, the server (it was only one in the entire Waffle House) asked if anybody had a change for a hundred. The cook in turn asked me if I had change for a hundred. I was like, "Naw...I don't even have a hundred dollars." What I say that for? He was like, "I gotta hundred dollars for you. I can be yo sweetdaddy." There goes the toothless grin again. Can you see it? Ahhh buddy!!! (that's for you Will) I just laughed and dismissed his comment. I mean seriously. Did he really think that I would take him up on his offer? Not that I think I'm better than anybody. But come on. There is a line....that I just don't and won't cross. He eventually walked on over to the grill. He turned around and said, "Ay...I'm serious. Then he put out both of his hands and start tapping each one of his fingers with the opposite hand AS IF to let me know that he is not married or attached. Then he said, "What about you?" I was like, "Uh...I'm not married but I'm committed." He was like, "Yeah...me too." (like we got something in common like Bobby and Whitney) LOL WTF-ever! Luckily, the server brought my waffle over to me. I grabbed that mug and made a quick about-turn to the front door. As I walked out of the Awful House, I realized why I don't dine there often. Aside from the smoke that hits you as you hit the door, they always have THE strangest folks that work there. Seriously! Every damn Waffle House I've been in has had the most toothless, hairless folks WORKING there that I've ever seen. Before I got in the car, I said to myself, "I gotta write about this!" LOL Isn't it funny how we use our everyday lives or lives of others to blog about? It's like, I'll be driving, working or doing nothing. Something happens and I'm like, "Hey...this might be a good blog topic." LOL I've gotten so bad that I will write down topics that come to me throughout the day. I have a legal pad with a bunch of topics I have YET to write about. hee hee

Comments:
LOL Hold on Will. I might grace you with yet another post before week's end! Ahh buddy! Pookie!!!!
 
Natanya!

You're so right about everything being a blog topic. I'll be having a conversation with someone and say, "And I have to write about this..."

And everytime something happens. I go over and over in my mind how I'm going to tell the story on my blog.

That's when you know, you're a DIE HARD BLOGGER!

We don't think, we just WRITE!

It's beautiful...

Later Love.
 
Welcome to the addiction! Feel free to thank me for showing you the way.
 
Kajuana, I already thanked you in one of my entries. hee hee As a matter fact, I think I acknowledged you being the one that introduced me to the blog world! I believe it was my entry titled, "Random thoughts..." But I thank you again and again!!! (smile) I thoroughly enjoy blogging!
 
I dont know why the bugger bears come up to you and hold a conversation its like you have a tatoo on your forehead ONLY BOOGER BEARS NOT Q T PIES. Next time you see a cutie make small talk and check out his reaction. What is a darn trip what about the men that wanna be your sugar daddy's look a hot darn mess. My goodness. Why cant it be simple. Where in the heck would you take that man with no darn teeth saying he works at the waffle house. ha ha ha.
 
I was about to say that not ALL Waffle Houses are that bad, but then I wanted to give you an example of one that wasnt and couldnt *shrug*.

I wish they would have a better dental plan for their employees though.
 
good golly... am new to blog land and was just going through blogs that looked funny and woman! you are hilarious, i so totally feel you on the Boogabear thing...ROTFL!
PS: I KNOW you posted in Feb, just reading your blogs up...lol
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogs By Black Women # >