Monday, February 28, 2005

 

Why me dammit?

There I was trying to be a good ole mama. I've enrolled my son into Kindermusik class (www.kindermusik.com) . His class is held every Monday evening for 15 weeks. Anywho, I was pulling into the parking area at the rear of the studio. It's a home studio by the way. So basically...it was just the backyard with gravel on it. Anywho, it has been raining here in Atlanta for the past couple of days. So I'm pulling my car around so that I can get a parking spot. Pull up...back up....attempt to drive forward. Uh....again....attempt to drive forward. Ok...one more time. ATTEMPT (i'm trying hard...can you tell?) to drive forward. Nothing. My damn rear tires are spinning. My son is in the back seat, apparently disheveled from the noise, hollering. I was stuck like a mug. My rear tires were just spinning and spinning. So now I'm ONE upset because I'm stuck and TWO upset because we're going to be late for his class...if we make it at all. I made a few phone calls to some folks...left messages. Said fuck it.... I grabbed my son and we went into the class. I wanted to make sure he has perfect attendance. We could at least show our faces. Meanwhile, my vehicle is still stuck like chuck. ARGH!!! I went into the class hoping to feel a little better. But the entire time I was in there I was trying to figure out what I was going to do. I ended up leaving the class early anyway. Besides, my son was showing his ass anyway. He was running all around and shit. Pushed some other little boy down. I'm scolding him...wanting to beat the shit out of him....but you know. I just grabbed him. It was time to go at that point. I called a towing service and explained to them what had happened and what I needed. Well...actually my father (in Michigan) called a towing company. My father was like, "You don't have 4 wheel drive?" Huh? What? No...I don't. *note to self: Make sure that you have 4 wheel drive on next vehicle.*I'm leaving out how I was crying and what not. hahahaha Actually, my parents and everybody I spoke to on the phone had no idea. I masked it well....I think. I'm such a baby. *sigh* I can't help it. Anyway, I tried to maintain a cool voice. I think I was more frustrated than anything. I didn't mention how my son showed his ass in the class (as he always does) and then I was upset about my car. So...my stress level was sky high. I had to release it somehow. That's where my tears came in. I think I got so frustrated because I feel like I don't have anybody HERE that I can count on. It's like, when you need a muhfukka, they can't be there for you. But I'm ALWAYS that muhfukka that is always there for you. (9 times out of 10). That's a whole 'notha story though. *sighing again*
Thirty minutes later, the tow truck driver arrived. After maneuvering that big ass truck to the back of the house, he was able to pull me out of the damn mud. Fifty dollars later, I was on my way home. My Jeep was dirty as hell. Damn!!! I can't stand rolling in a dirty ass car. I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow. I'm getting my car cleaned at some point. Now I'm home...venting to you. You'll have to excuse me.
Comments:
Sorry you had such a bad day! I know how it can be. Go make snow angels if the snow hasn't melted yet :-)
 
LOL Snow angels?!? Girl, that snow is already gone on my end. My girlfriend just emailed me and said it was snowing hard where she's at. I don't know exactly how hard. Atlanta snow and Michigan snow are two different things. What was on my car this morning was nothing compared to what I have been exposed to. hahahaha If it keeps it up, we can go skiing!!! I bet you'd like that!
 
@Edwige ~ You're right. Today is a new day. A much better day, I might add. Let's hope it lasts!
 
I know how you feel brown suga,I know how you feel. I left home early yesterday morning so I could stop at the store to get my lunch for the week, I was so busy over the weekend. I didnt have time to shop. I stopped at the Krogers store about a 1/2 mile from my job, went in got me 5 cans of soup and sunflower seeds came out got in the car. I thought I need to drop off some mail, drove up to the mail box on the side of Krogers turned the car off. Because I dont want anyone to steal my car with the keys in the ignition. ( I was in the fire lane) got back in the car and GUESS WHAT my car did not start. At that moment I was like oh my goodness this is a dream I closed my eyes for about 15 seconds opened them up and said its not a dream this is reality. At this point who do I call. I am thinking I dont want to inconvient anyone. I sat in my car for about 2 minutes and tried it again it didnt start. My goodness!! I need my daddy. Why did I move out of town? Then I was thinking stay calm and think. I was like okay I went inside of Krogers and asked if anyone had any jumper cables no one had any I was like dang. So I called my supervisor at work. He was like I dont have any cables but you can ask the Manager I called her she was like sure you can borrow them, but I am not coming your supervisor will come and get you. I was like cool, I called around to see how much a battery would cost. Firestone was not the cheapest but they were convient since they were 2.5 miles away from my job.I had to be at work in the next 45min and I didnt want to be late for work. I hate being late for work. but anyway. My supervisor came to Krogers to jump start my car, followed me to firestone and off to work we went. Thank God I was not late. I was thinking how am I going to pay for firestone repair. I didnt want to ask my parents. I was like I will use my grocery money. I will survive. God will see me through like always, but anyway. As I was sitting at my desk pondering I was like I dont have ANY RELIABLE MEN IN MY LIFE and I am going to cut these NEGROES out of my life TODAY, if I cant depend on them when something important happens in my life there is no need for them wasting my time. What purpose are they serving NONE?? I hate to inconvient folks cause you know they be acting stank, I was thinking how do I get back to firestone to get my car, who is in the area. I asked this dude at work Lawd knows I didnt want to ask him, I was even thinking about walking those 2.5 miles. He was like cool I know you must really need a ride. I was like WOW. That was so easy. My supervisor was going to take me but he got off earlier than I did. I have always felt if I call you a friend then we should be able to depend on each other no matter what, I value friendship like a rare jewel, so if you are my friend. Precious, I only have a few friends in my circle they all know who they are, there is no question. Sorry so long but I was feeling you on that story. I was thinking oh my goodness.
 
Look on the brighter side you only paid 50 you could have paid more or had to get a brand new tire on that brand new vehicle.
 
Dag! Did that "anonymous" person blog on my blog or what? hahahaha
 
I just wanted to let you know that I was feeling you then all of that extra stuff came right on out. ha ha ha
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogs By Black Women # >