Monday, April 25, 2005

 

UPDATED....ATL Bloggers Drunkfest...

Ok. Where do I begin? Well first and foremost let me say thank you to each and every one of you who were in attendance to the ATL Bloggers Drunkfest. Why am I thanking you, you ask? Well, I'm thanking each of you for such a wonderful time! Thank you for simply being you! Everybody was sooo REAL! You had to be there to see and FEEL it. I think I speak for everybody that was there when I say, We had a ball! We all MESHED so well. Like Yolanda said, it was definitely a "mixing pot of personalities."This weekend damn near turned into a regional conference! I hung out with bloggers three days straight!

Let me do a roll call. I have to let you all know who all came out to kick it this weekend.
Myself, Yolanda, Grayse, Brutha Code, EJ Flavors, Xquizzyt1, Ms. Thing (and her best friend), Sway, Kae, 2-Me, Fave, Kelvin and Saga. Damn. Did I forget anybody?

After all the hemming and hawing via emails, instant messages and phone calls, we finally decided to meet up at Barleys pool hall on Friday night. Like I said, we had a ball. For the record, I'm not usually punctually challenged. Thank.you.very.much. That's in reference to Brutha Code's comment about me saying I'd be there in 15 minutes but actually showed up 45 minutes later. LOL I told you that I had to circle the block a few times plus I was eyeing the homeless dude pacing the block. Oh...I have to mention how in between Grand Marniers and Heinekens, Brutha Code was a Good Samaritan. He not only took one potato skin but one chicken wing out to a homeless guy who stated he was hungry. Wasn't that so sweet of him? *looking for picture of potato skins & chicken wing* Dag....I think that was on somebody else's blog. *scratching head* I know I saw it. At any rate. It was nice of him.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sway & Brutha Code

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yolanda & Brown Sugar

When I first got there, I had to peruse the menu to see what I wanted to snack on. As I glanced over the drink menu (uh..you know I checked that out first) I came upon something that caused my mouth to hang wide open. Is that Boone's Farm I see? Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Does that price really say $35 bucks A GLASS???? They've got to be kidding me! I didn't entertain it too much because I knew they were being facetious. Had to be. *smh* I REFUSE to believe that they'd think I or anybody else would pay 35 bucks for a glass of Boone's Farm when I can go to the corner store and get two bottles for 5 bucks! LOL I had to show Yolanda to make sure I wasn't exactly seeing things. She confirmed what I was saying to be true. LOL Speaking of Yolanda.... Yolanda is like that breath of fresh air that smacks you in the face. LOL She does not bite her tongue in the least bit either. She's all sorts of fun. Seriously. I enjoyed kickin it with her Friday, Saturday and Sunday. She's my new found concert buddy. *smile*

Saga came and went with a blink of an eye. Literally. She wasn't able to stay but she wanted to come through to meet everybody. Awwww! Next time boo boo! *hugs* Um, but before she headed out, she told us that Fave was coming to town and was going to try to stop through when he got in. That was all good. I always enjoy reading Fave's work as well as listening to his audio blogs. So I couldn't wait to meet him.

Ok....so after I ordered my fries & grilled cheese sandwich, which by the way was nasty (how do you mess up a grilled cheese sandwich?) and Sprite. Sprite, you ask? Yes...I ordered a glass of Sprite. What? After speaking with X and hearing how fondly she spoke of her travel flask, I had to get my own. So to avoid the high price of the alcoholic beverages at said establishment, I came with my own sans the soda pop. LMAO! Ooowee! You might call it ghetto but dammit, I call it "a well thought out plan." Thanks X! *high five*

There was also a live band playing. I must say, they did a good job. So good...we could barely hear ourselves talk at one point! LOL The nerve of them to be playing music while we're trying to get our conversation on! LMAO! Dag...this would be a perfect spot to insert picture of the band. Oh well... I didn't think to take a picture of them. *shrugs*

We continued to sit around talking and taking pictures amid the loud ass live band. At some point, EJ Flavors pulled out his laptop and started writing a blog. LOL I'm kidding! Although, he did pull out his laptop. We were talking about music and wanted to show us what all he was working with music wise. That brother has any and every thing you need! I thought I'd test him and ask him if he had Appollonia Six. I'll be damned. He did. I asked him if he'd make me a cd. He said he would. Yay! *back flip* If you only knew how long I've been looking for that cd! EJ Flavors is da shit! He's like THE music hustleman. He has it all. He has it all before it even comes out. He has it (music) before they even think about producing it. Yeah...like that. The brother has archives for days.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
EJ Flavors, Ms. Thing & Sway

After we ate and drank, we headed to the back where the pool tables were. There we drank some more as well as played pool. Well...tried to play pool. Ok..ok. So I only speak for myself. I can't play pool worth a damn! *shrugs* But I damn sho had fun trying! LMAO

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ms. Thing (Brutha Code TRANSFORMED & rear of Xquizzyt1) LOL

Above you see Ms. Thing striking a pose for the camera. She grabbed that pool stick and said, "Dammit somebody take a picture!" and said something about her being sexy. LOL I LOVE Ms. Thing. When I tell you she had me ROTFLMAO, I tell you no lie. She is sooo funny! This was my second time kicking it with her. I have to say that I look forward to the next time. Ohhh...she's a hoot!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ms. Thing's best friend & Xquizzyt1

Ms. Thing's best friend or "Futura" as Yolie called her, gave the fellas a run for their money. She even had the server who wasn't even our server, salivating for her. LOL She had fellas at the pool table next to us salivating over her too. To include a man who had a rhino tip head. ROTFLMAO She was running the show. LOL I guess she exuding all kinds of sexiness. *sucking teeth* Damn her! I'm kidding! I hate by no means. She too, was a hoot. I can see why she and Ms. Thing are best friends. They definitely complement each other well. I laughed in my head when she was leaving and said she couldn't wait to get home to her husband. LOL I had no idea she was married! Not that she was out there wilding out. I'm just saying. I guess all the dudes salivating over her got her good and ready for her husband. I bet she toe (tore) his ass up when she got home. LOL I saw the look in her eyes when she said it. She meant business. LMAO

Xquizzyt1....what ELSE can I say about her crazy ass?!? I swear if she wasn't an AKA. We'd be ride or die chicks! But since she has that one little flaw. Man! *sucking teeth* I'm kidding ofcourse. I have to respect my grandmother. hee hee She is my dawg! Too bad she's leaving ATL soon. *kicking dirt like my name is Will* LOL
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Xquizzyt1, Brutha Code & Brown Sugar

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ms. Thing's best friend, Yolie & Xquizzyt1

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Brown Sugar & Brutha Code

I don't know who took that picture of me and Brutha Code. But dammit, they cut my hands off! I was trying to show my Delta love. *sigh* Probably was Xquizzyt1. LOL

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Brutha Code transforming...rather TRANSFORMED!

As the night when on, we had a few welcomed additions. Kae and 2-Me stopped by. It was good to see them as well. Of course, I had to get on Kae because he had the nerve to act like he didn't remember me during an IM conversation on the previous night. Only to tell me on Friday night that he was just playing with me. Then he commenced to talk about my digital camera. He toe my ass up. My camera, that is. LOL He got me good though. He really did. He has a GREAT personality. He's funny as hell. Not to mention, a cutie pie. *pinching cheeks* What is it with the bloggers? We've all got some bomb ass personalities. At first, I thought that 2 Me was quiet. She proved me wrong. LOL She had MUCH personality too. She's a cutie pie too. She and Kae are actually cousins. I'm glad they stopped by. I've even been invited out for sushi with them. *clapping* I guess that means I'm cool, huh?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
2-me & cousin Kae *smile*
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
2-me strikes another pose in between shots

We were waiting on Kelvin to fly in but his damn flight kept getting delayed due to the thunderstorms in ATL and surrounding area. It was raining cats and dogs for a minute though. While we waited, Fave graced us with a BRIEF ass cameo appearance. Literally. He even had the nerve to talk about my digital camera during those two seconds he was there. It was definitely good to see him too. I like me some Fave! It was great to put a face with all his wonderful words. Awwww! He said that our gathering reminded him of a family reunion. He said we were all the cool cousins. LOL He couldn't have been any more correct. I was totally diggin that. Unfortunately, he couldn't stay long because he had a flight to catch. *sigh* Maybe next time! Oh...you know there will be a next time!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ms. Thing's best friend & Fave Nite

The night went on, we were drunk, tired and there was nobody else left for Brutha Code to hump on. LOL That was a good one Yolanda. Brutha Code is like that horny uncle that tries to cop a feel and holla at everybody when he's drunk. Kelvin's flight was delayed again. We decided to end the night. There was talk of going to a strip club, but it just didn't happen. Maybe next time Brutha. *me & brutha code kickin dirt* LOL I'm kidding. It wasn't that serious. Although, I did want to take Brutha Code to the strip club to REALLY see his ass transform. LMAO I bet that would have been a sight! Mugs were too drunk and tired. LOL Besides, my ass had to work the next morning.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There are other pics but dammit, I'm not about to post them. This entry is already long as heck. And to think...this is just from Friday night. LOL I didn't get one of Grayse. She left early. She missed out on on the craziness. LOL

Well folks, that about does it for now. I'm going to recap Saturday and Sunday tomorrow.(hopefully) Don't go expecting anything wild and crazy! LOL

P.s.
I just HAVE to say this again. I.HAD.A.BLAST!!!!!

~brownsugarbaby~
Comments:
I tell you, next time I'm gonna make everybody bring a daggone bottle. BYOB!
On second thought, never mind, cause it's all over then. Liquor everywhere. I know we all had a good time. I can't wait to do it again.
 
Thanks for the pics I feel like I was there, although I wasn't invited. But since I live in California, I probably couldn't have made it anyway.
 
Bitter rant to follow...

I'm going to need you people to stop posting pics of the fun you people had sans my Sexiothian (Senegal, Mexico, and Ethiopian) ass!!! Really. It's like you people are rubbing salt in my wounds. Bastards!!! The whole lot of you!!!

*folds arems, turns, walks off in a huff*
 
Awwww Kajuana! I'm sorry that you can't share in our excitement! But...you too could have been there. I tell you what. When you come to ATL. we'll do you one better! How's that? We love to party in ATL. *smile*
 
LOL... now you KNOW I'm waiting for your recollection of the night! I'm still trying to fill in blanks!

Even though we didn't make it to Stroker's, we still had more than enough fun at Barley's. It was unbelievable how we all clicked so well.
 
*smile* I wish I'd had time to hang out longer, but I'm really glad I got a chance to meet everyone! And thanks so much for acting as point person - I'm glad y'all got a chance to meet fave, etc. Let me know when y'all plan another one - I have my sitter on speed dial ;-)
 
Only you would start a post and then tell every damn body and their brother, you'll finish it later. Only you! *smh* Post the rest already. You know BC having a hard time recollecting. LOL
 
About damn time, got me up past my bed time waiting on you.
 
YALL ARE FUCKED UP!
I'll keep you posted
 
I REEEEALLY like the pictures! Wow! You all had some FUN!! LOL. Glad to see you all go all out like that! :)
 
I am glad you had a blast...
I guess the next step is the yearly bloggers convention in the Bahamas or Hawaii..
 
LOL @ X being TORE BACK. I think I speak for everybody when I say, we were all TORE BACK! LOL
My VCR/BETA/DIGITAL camera did a good job at capturing the moment as well as anything else that moved! LOL You couldn't get nothing past that thang!

Ooowee! Kae! I'm going to make sure to bring my "cursed amityville horror" camera with me just so I can take a picture of your ass on Friday! I'm mad that you referred to my camera as such. LOL That was a good one though. That's why you tripped over your cape! LOL Speaking of cape, did you see the Incredibles? That's what's going to happen to you and your dadblammit cape! Keep on. You won't be wearing that cape for long!
 
If that damn boy don't stop flying into everybody's blogs with that damn cape. *smhh* LMAO I am so worried about him. So damn worried.

If I weren't flying to Texas on Friday, I'd hook up with ya'll for sushi. Don't forget me on the next run.

And either that camera takes 8x10's like Kae said, or the maker's of photobucket knew blind ass me would be reading this blog. hehehe

One question: What month can we expect the recaps of Saturday and Sunday? LMAO
 
*rolling up sleeves* Aww...so you still got jokes about my camera, huh? LOL AND you got even more jokes about my posting history, eh? *smh* Is that how you treat your new found concert buddy? *sniffle* Ok...well, I guess we'll miss ya on Friday then. I'll eat some sushi and drink some wine just for you. Wait a minute. Scratch that. I will be BYOF. So I'll be having Sprite & Sushi. *waving to server* "More Sprite please." LOL
 
Glad to see everyone had a great time! Of course, again, I was out of town. :^(
 
@Jez Chill ~ Of course! Where else would you be? Not in Atlanta! You only use Atlanta as homebase!
 
lmao!

Ya'll ALL look drunk and happy as hell in these pics!

LOL!

I wish I was there!
 
I guess I'm the only person in ATL who wasn't invited. To be honest since I don't drink, I probably wouldn't have gone. But if I had I would have asked 2-me why she came out in her pajamas.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogs By Black Women # >