Saturday, June 18, 2005

 

Unplanned Hiatus *sigh*

Grrrr...Buzz...Grrrbuzzz....was the sound that I heard coming from my computer the night before. I didn't think anything of it because it really didn't sound that bad. It sounded more like my computer was working hard on something. *sigh* Little did I know, that was a sign of my computer's demise. I mean, it didn't sound bad. I shut my computer down and went to bed.

The following morning after I got dressed for work, I turned my computer on. No problems. At least that's what I thought. When I came home from work, I noticed my computer was not on. *thinking to self* Hmm.... I thought I left my computer on. I looked around for flashing digital clocks. Nothing. I went over to my computer desk and pushed the button to turn on computer. Nothing. Not a damn sound. Ok.....no problem. I'll just push the reset button at the rear of my CPU. *pushing button....insert jeopardy music for passing time* LOL Anyway, I attempted to turn the computer on again. Nothing. *thinking to self* Ok... I'll just let the computer sit a little while longer. Give it a break. You know? About thirty minutes later, I went back to computer. You know I couldn't wait too much longer than that. LOL *pushing button again* Nothing. Ok...this is where sheer panic sets in. *sweating* Oh Nooo!! *falling to knees* Damn! Damn! DAMN! My computer died on me. *insert New Edition's song, Is this the End* Whhhhhhhhy????????

After I thought about all the emailss and instant messages I was going to miss out on, I tried to figure out what my next move was going to be. How am I going to make this situation better? *rubbing chin* Do I take it to Best Buy? Do I take it to a mom & pop's computer fixer upper shop? What? What's a girl to do? Seeing that I am not all that computer savvy, I am totally clueless as to what is going on with my computer. Completely! *deep sigh* Can any of you computer geniuses offer any suggestions?

*cue wrap up music, enter man with deep voice*

What should Brown Sugar do? Is this the end of Brown Sugar's Enterprises? Should Brown Sugar toss CPU out & purchase new computer?



Comments:
Girl this was me back in February... I say on the floor and dayum near cried. I had just had the hard drive replaced the month before and memory added which I thought did the trick. But my computer was so old, it's time had come *RIP PC...I still love ya*

If you are getting no power it sounds like the motherboard may have crashed which I THINK you can have replaced. I'm not a coputer geniuse but have dated a few LOL so I've learned a thing or two.
 
Hey Brown Sugar ...
It could be as simple as your power supply...could be as fatal as your hard drive.
I would take it to microseconds.

http://www.microseconds.net

They'll tell you the problem and cost BEFORE they fix it.

Do you have all of the software that came with your pc? If so, you could prolly get new with a kick ass processor/memory for around 400.

Good Luck!
 
I'm so so so sorry! I hope all your stuff was backed up (this coming from the woman who doesn't do back ups!).

I hope all works out soon! and that you don't have to spend too much money!

Good Luck!

Golden
 
Don't just trash it!!! Hopefully it's just a quick fix.

PLEASE tell me that you backed it up lately (talking about your computer).

Take it to a reputable source and have a diagnostic test done on it. Even if it is dead, there are businesses that can transfer you data from the old to the new.

Good Luck!
 
You are too damn funny, but since I'm a computer geek in my other life, I agree with Kel. It could very well be the power supply. Weird noises led up to the power supply's demise on one of my systems.

Conduct the diagnostics he outlined, if it doesn't work then think power supply, or possibly hard drive. *gasp* LOL

I'd check it out for you, but it wouldn't be 'til the weekend at the earliest, and being the procrastinator that I am, it could take me a little longer to get over there. I'm just sayin' . . .

Umm, on second thought, take it for diagnosis to somebody who won't put you off. LMAO
 
CTFU @ X!!! lawd! just hope you got everything on back up!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogs By Black Women # >