Friday, November 12, 2004

 

Public display of affection

First off, let me say that I'm open to public display of affection. For instance, holding hands, hugs, soft kisses on lips, cheek, neck... You know, that type of thing. However, there comes a line ____ that you just don't cross. Well...at least shouldn't cross. Especially after a certain age. In particular hickeys/passion marks. I was at work the other day handling some business. Well, while I was sitting there going through my paperwork I looked up at the lady that was assisting me. "What is that on this girl's neck?" I said to myself. Mind you, she was all of probably 25 - 30 years old. I tried to be inconspicuous during my wide-eyed gaze of her neck. hee hee I didn't want her to think that I was "checking her out." You know, these days you can't be too sure. She was a cute girl though. Anyway, I concluded that it was a hickey on her neck and not just some random scar or bruise. So being the outspoken person that I can be at times, I said..."Damn girl...that's a serious hickey you got on your neck." Yeah...I called her out and I don't know her from Adam. I just couldn't resist! ha ha She said (with no shame, I might add) "Yeah....my boyfriend did that on purpose. (ya think?) She said that was his way of keeping guys from trying to holla at her. What.Ever. I'm nodding my head like I understand. All the while I'm thinking, "That shit is crazy." I mean, I understand that we work in a male dominated field and what not. But to put a damn hickey on my neck for the world to see.....is soooo not cool. Basically, it just lets folks, particularly the coochie crazed men, know or at least speculate your business. Background snickering..... "Yeah...I know what she was doing last night." Hence, making the men we work with want to pursue her for nothing else but a roll in the hay or to suck on her neck even. LOL But this leads me to another era....let's see....1988-89ish. These were the days when I too, fell victim to the hickey. My boyfriend, the same one from My first pt. 1, liked to put hickies on me. I mean, the more I think about it, what was the purpose? Here I am letting you put your trademark on me. Branding me with your damn lips, if you will. ha! And the shit didn't even really feel good. It may have at first but if a mug is sitting there sucking on one damn spot of your neck or various other parts of your body, tell that mug to relocate to another section of your body....quickly! Statements I should have made: I feel my damn blood clotting. Man can you see that shit? I mean, I understand you want folks to know that I'm taken but damn! You might as well piss on me like a damn dog marking his territory. hee hee No pun intended. When I typed that last part, I immediately thought about RKelly. But that's another subject. I might be into a lot of things but getting pissed on ain't one of them. I'd be pissed off if a mug pissed on me. I'd be pissed off to the highest level of pisstivity! Back to the matter at hand.... I remember one day my father saw a hickey on my neck. Man....I thought he was going to KILL me! As a matter of fact, I think he did whoop my ass. Ever since then, I was a hickey free girl. Well...hickey neck free. hee hee You'd think I would have learned my lesson, eh?

Comments:
OhM'Gawd!! The last and maybe only hickey I evuh had was freshman year of college. I honestly don't know how it happened. Really I don't. There just wasnt enough time or sucking to establish a hickey. What was my point? I had none. This post just made me recall that one hickey!!
 
Passion Marks drive me crazy! Feels sooo good. But I bruise easily cuz I'm light skinned so it doesnt take much for me to look like someone stabbed me in the neck.

But I haven't had one on my neck since I was 19 years old. You're right. We're too old to let everyone know what we're up to.
 
I luuuuuv public affection when we both have the same feelings about one another. I was never a public hickey person putting them somewhere unexposed is cool, I can look at it and laugh in the privacy of my home. Since I am cocoa color I didnt have to worry about them showing up to much.:)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

< ? Blogs By Black Women # >